Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely
- 2 cups, packed, coarsely chopped arugula leaves
- Coarse salt
- 2 or 3 walnut halves
- 2/3 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 4 jumbo shrimp, shelled with tails intact
- ¼ pound fettucine
- In a food processor, work the 2 cloves of the garlic, arugula, salt to taste, walnuts into a thick paste. Gradually blend in about half of the olive oil; adjust seasoning.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the fettucine and stir the pot until the pasta is well separated. While pasta is cooking pour the rest of the olive oil into a sauté pan on a medium heat. When the oil is hot add the rest of the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes each side (depending on size) until cooked through then remove from the pan.
- Place a couple of healthy spoons full of pesto sauce into the oil, add 1 tablespoon of the pasta water and mix thoroughly over heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer. When the fettucine is cooked al dente, pour into a colander and rinse with cold water for a few seconds, then shake out the excess water and pour the pasta into the sauté pan with the pesto. Toss to distribute the sauce thoroughly.
- Serve the pasta onto two plates and place shrimp into pan with remaining sauce to bring it warm. Place two shrimp on each bed of pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.