Today, people are finding more and more ways to use cannabidiol (better known as CBD oil) to help improve their lives.
From pain relief, to liver issues, cancer treatment, or simply finding a new way to relax – there is no shortage in the ways you can be using CBD oil to help you live your best life. (2)
The purest form of CBD available is CBD isolate. This means it’s free of THC, making it ideal for people seeking products without any trace amounts of the psychoactive ingredient THC. CBD isolate will not give you a high, nor will it create any drug test issues.
This article will address some of CBD oil’s top benefits.
1. Pain Relief – Studies show that when CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it has an anti-inflammatory effect. Thus, it helps with relieve pain related to various diseases, including multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. (1)
2. Stress and Anxiety Relief – Studies show that using CBD oil has helped those who suffer from stress and anxiety. It does this by interacting with the brain’s reactors that produce serotonin which helps regulate mood and social behavior. Similarly, it has proven to help those suffering from PTSD and depression. (1)
3. It’s good for your heart – Studies show that it can help improve blood flow, lower your heart rate, and reduce blood pressure. It can also help prevent heart damage brought on by diabetes, high glucose levels, or inflammation. Some of CBD’s heart related benefits include: (5)
- Healthier blood – CBD’s antioxidant properties can help regulate white blood cell and platelet levels, leading to healthier blood flowing through the body, which will help fight cardiovascular disorders.
- Reduces risk of stroke – By lowering blood pressure it helps limit the possibility of getting a stroke.
- Reduces risk of heart attack – Lower blood pressure also helps reduce the possibility of a heart attack.
5. Improves liver health – Studies have shown that CBD oil can reduce the harmful effects of elevated liver enzymes and fat accumulation in the liver. This will help prevent non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and lead to a better functioning liver. (4)
6. Better sleep quality – Those suffering from insomnia have found CBD oil helps them fall asleep. It has also shown it improves the sleep-wake cycle, letting users have a deeper sleep at night while being more alert during waking hours. (7)
7. Helps fight cancer – CBD helps fight cancer a couple ways: (1)
- Reduces tumor growth – Studies have shown that there is lower rate of cancer amongst test subjects that were treated with CBD oil than the subjects that weren’t tested. Studies have also shown that it helps slow down tumor growth as well.
- Improves cancer treatment – Similarly, it can help those undergoing cancer treatment deal with associated side effects like nausea from chemotherapy.
8. Healthier bones – CBD has proven to be effective in preventing enzymes that cause the bones to deteriorate, thus preventing risks of bone related diseases like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. It has also shown to help bone growth, making it easier for broken bones to heal as well as preventing bones from breaking. (6)
9. Reduces acne – CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce acne by controlling production of sebum (an oily substance) from the sebaceous glands. This keeps the skin from becoming too oily, leading to less acne. (3)
10. Potential Neuroprotective Properties – A limited number of studies show that CBD can treat symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease as well as reduce the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. (1)
11. Not addictive – Unlike prescription drugs that some people may use in order to help cope with mental disorders like PTSD or depression, CBD oil has been found to not be addictive or habit forming. (1)
12. Limited side effects – Beyond not being addictive, it has very limited side effects. The few side effects it does have are: (1)
- Changes in appetite
- Reduced energy
13. Different ways to medicate – Unlike most medications which can only be used in one specific way (like a pill, a shot, or some type of ointment), CBD oil can be utilized in many different ways. (8)
- Inhaled – It can be inhaled via vapor by using a vaporizer pen. This is the most effective way as it hits your bloodstream the fastest.
- Tincture – A concentrate can be put into liquid form and dropped under the tongue. Similar to inhalation, it hits your bloodstream considerably fast. Natural Wellness’s Hemp Oil – CBD Isolate is peppermint flavored!
- Edible & Capsules – CBD can be worked into food, something as simple as a gummy bear, or more elaborate like your favorite recipe or taken in a pill. These two methods are not as fast as inhalation or a tincture, nor are they as effective since they must pass through the stomach and digestive tract where they will lose some of their strength.
- Topical – For surface pains, CBD oil can simply be worked into a topical cream or balm that you rub onto parts of your body that are currently sore. This is a good method for sore muscles or other bodily aches and pains.
- Bath Bombs – If you’re looking to take a nice, relaxing bath, these days you can find bath bombs at your local mall that have CBD oil worked right into them. Drop the bath bomb into the tub and enjoy. Similarly, there are soaps and shampoos that also have CBD oil mixed right in to help you have a relaxing bath or shower.
As you can see, there are many different ways that CBD oil can benefit your life.
While here are still more studies to be done, right now the medical outlook on CBD oil looks pretty positive.
From helping cope with sickness, to feeling healthier, to just wanting to relax, CBD oil is a new alternative treatment that is worth trying if you haven’t done so already. If you are concerned with how it may affect you, be sure to consult with a physician.