Gluten Intolerance Digestive Aid - Defend Against Hidden Gluten in Meals - 60 Vegetarian Capsules: 30-Servings
Scientifically Formulated to Assist in the Digestion of Gluten, Wheat, Other Grains, Starches and Carbohydrates
- Supports the complete digestion of the proteins gluten and casein, both in your stomach and small intestine.
- Promotes a healthy gut and intestinal tract, especially for those with gluten sensitivity.
- Formulated to provide optimal amounts of key enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Gluten Support is scientifically formulated to assist you in the digestion of gluten, wheat and other grains from which gluten is derived, as well as other proteins, starches and carbohydrates. This formula was developed to support a healthy intestinal tract for those with gluten sensitivity. A healthy intestinal tract is crucial for proper nutritional absorption. An irritated or inflamed intestinal tract may have multipe, negative effects including abdominal discomfort, liver toxicity, and malabsorption of nutrients. Other health issues can arise caused by the body’s immune system combating molecules escaping out of the intestinal tract and into the body. Additionally, Gluten Support helps to break down compounds derived from gluten and casein, such as gluteomorphins and casomorphins (partially digested proteins) that may be harmful to the brain if they escape the intestinal tract.
Gluten is a protein composite that comes from wheat and other related grains such as barley and rye. Discovered in the 7th century by Buddhist monks, it is used in dough to give elasticity, to help it rise and keep its shape and to create a chewier texture. Though found in many of the foods we eat today, gluten can be difficult for humans to digest and may make people unwell.
Sensitivity to gluten is a condition that affects millions of Americans. For some, the effects of eating gluten can range from mild discomfort to a more serious immune response known as celiac disease. For those with celiac disease, gluten should be avoided. For those with more minor sensitivities, deciding what to eat is often a choice between paying for it now (gluten-free food choices usually have a higher cost and are less tasty), OR paying for it later in the form of abdominal discomfort or pain, diarrhea, constipation or other unpleasant issues.
Furthermore, intestinal irritation and inflammation not only makes it harder to digest vital nutrients, but also puts excess stress on the liver through the release of toxins and associated immune responses. However, all is not lost for those with minor gluten sensitivities who still want to eat their favorite gluten containing foods!
Gluten Support is formulated to help you better enjoy and digest the foods you love by assisting in the break down and absorption of gluten, carbohydrates and starches which should lead to fewer and less severe after effects.
Gluten Support works well in conjunction with restrictive diets. It is not intended to replace a gluten-free diet for those with celiac disease.
- Provides an optimal blend of Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV enzymes (DPP IV) which proactively support your gut and help break down gluten proteins so they may be better absorbed by your body. This enzyme blend is scientifically formulated to be active in an extremely wide pH range to better support the complete digestion of protein both in your stomach and small intestine.
- Contains three different amylase enzymes to help in the digestion and conversion of starches and carbohydrates found in grains – breaking them down into glucose, a simple sugar easily used by the body for energy.
- Danisco® brand FloraFit® Lactobacillus acidophilus – the world leader in probiotics – is a probiotic that supports your intestinal tract and helps in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- FiberAid® arabinogalactans from Lonza® is a superior prebiotic with excellent digestive tolerance which encourages and nourishes the growth of friendly bacteria in your gut and intestinal tract.
- Cellulase FCC is an enzyme that helps break down fiber to be more easily absorbed and utilized by your body.
- FOS (Fructo-oligosaccharides) – Known as a prebiotic that improves digestive health it is favorable bacteria that promotes the beneficial intestinal flora, helps to limit the growth of pathogenic bacteria, aids in enhancing the immunity within the gastrointestinal tract and improves the utilization of nutrients.
- Manufactured using the most advanced fermentation and extraction techniques using only non-GMO sources.
- Formulated by an Enzymologist with 35 years of experience.
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
As a dietary supplement, adults take 2 vegetarian capsules approximately 10-15 minutes prior to a meal or as directed by a medical professional.
Please consult with a medical professional prior to use especially if you have or suspect you might have a medical condition, are currently taking prescription drugs, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.