NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine)
Crucial For Those with Liver Concerns
- Effective and frequently used supplement to increase glutathione levels that are often depleted by a compromised liver.* What is Glutathione?
- Powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger.*
- Neutralizes environmental toxins and pollutants including heavy metals that accumulate in the liver and kidneys.*
- Protects and supports a healthy respiratory and immune system.*
Ships in 1 business day.
Buy Now, Pay Later
Supplementing with N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) provides the body, the liver and all cells with increased glutathione and the antioxidant protection they need to better perform their functions. NAC is an amino acid that, when taken orally, is well absorbed and utilized by the body.
Glutathione, when taken orally, is not well absorbed by the body and only trace amounts ever reach the bloodstream and the cells that need it most. Taking glutathione intravenously would be best, but this is impractical. The practical solution is to take a precursor to glutathione - a component the body needs to make glutathione on its own. N-Acetyl L-Cysteine is the most frequently taken precursor to glutathione. Once orally taken, NAC is absorbed into the bloodstream and is naturally converted to glutathione*.
NAC supports the body in four primary ways.
- NAC is a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger.
A free radical is an unstable molecule in a cell that does not have a paired electron. In order to stabilize itself, it attacks neighboring molecules to "snare" one of their electrons, which in turn then makes that molecule a free radical. This process sets off a chain reaction that wreaks havoc on cells damaging cell structures and DNA. This is devastating to our cells and the entire body. Free radicals are constantly forming everywhere in the body at an astonishing rate. As a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger, N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) provides potent nutritional support to every cell in the body.
Many research scientists now believe that free radicals are causal factors in nearly every known disease, from heart disease to arthritis, from cataracts to cancer and are a major culprit in the aging process itself.
- NAC is a safe and frequently used supplement to increase glutathione production in the body.
Glutathione is the body's principal antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and detoxifies harmful substances. Since glutathione is an antioxidant that exists in every cell of the body, it is in a prime position to neutralize free radicals. While glutathione is naturally manufactured by your body, many people have decreased levels of glutathione, which can negatively affect one's health. By incorporating N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) into your daily healthcare regimen, you are providing your system with a safe and frequently used method to increase glutathione levels within your body.
Some glutathione is obtained directly from our diet, approximately 150 milligrams per day, primarily from fruits and vegetables. The majority of glutathione needed, however, is manufactured within the cells of the body. Much of this process occurs in the liver with approximately 80% of the glutathione produced in the liver being exported to the plasma and largely used by the kidneys for detoxification.
As we age glutathione production decreases naturally. This decrease leaves our body more susceptible to the dangers of free radicals, the aging process, decreased immune response and multiple diseases. Additionally, people with liver concerns are even more susceptible to these issues since their liver is not performing optimally and will therefore produce even less glutathione. This decreased glutathione level makes the liver more susceptible to further toxicity.
You should also know that:
- Glutathione enables lymphocytes to function properly. Lymphocytes are small white blood cells that are responsible for immune system responses to fight infection and foreign antibodies. By increasing glutathione production you can assist your body in maintaining a healthy immune system.*
- Glutathione helps us reach peak mental and physical function. Raised glutathione levels decrease muscle damage, reduce recovery time, increase strength and endurance and shift metabolism from fat production to muscle development.*
- Low levels of glutathione lead to inflammation and oxidative stress which results in damage to cell membranes, cellular proteins and DNA. These issues have been linked to many chronic and age related diseases.
- NAC assists the body in its natural, healthy detoxification process.*
NAC achieves these actions, in part, by promoting healthy glutathione levels, and protecting tissues from peroxidation.*
- NAC supports a healthy respiratory system.
NAC keeps mucus at a normal, healthy consistency. By doing so, mucus, and particles and bacteria are trapped thus supporting and protecting upper respiratory tract and immune system health*.
NAC is an important daily supplement for all who wish to optimize their overall health.
Each bottle of NAC contains 90 capsules. It is recommended that one capsule be taken three times per day with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare provider.
There are no known contraindications. Those with diabetes should consult with their healthcare provider regarding interference with insulin efficacy.
Consult your medical professional prior to use if you have, or suspect you have, any medical condition, are currently taking prescription drugs, or are pregnant or breastfeeding. Be sure your doctor or pharmacist is aware of all the prescription and non-prescription medication you take before you begin to use this or any other supplement.