Commercial dog treats can have all kinds of preservatives and chemicals in them. How can you make sure that your pup is getting all of the goodness, without any unnecessary ingredients? Make your own! You don’t have to spend hours slaving in the kitchen for these dog biscuits, either. These tasty Peanut Butter Balls will have your dog begging for more. The best part? You know that the ingredients are fresh, healthy, and non-processed.
- 1.5 cups of flour (I use regular because my dog has wheat allergies)
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, natural or commercial – your dog will love it either way!)
- A dash of salt
- Water (amount varies depending on other ingredients)
- Extras: I used shredded carrots, but you can add in any dog-safe treats your pup likes!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, egg, peanut butter, salt, and extras in a bowl.
- Add water until the dough is sticky, but not overly watery. For my recipe, I added two and a half tablespoons.
- Roll the dough into one-inch balls and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for twenty minutes, or until they turn a tan golden-brown.
- Let them cool before feeding to Fido.
I made these a few days ago for my dog’s birthday party (yes, I’m one of those people!) and she loved them. Let me know how your dog enjoys Peanut Butter Balls in the comments!