Vitamin D3 + K2
Essential Nutrients for Bone and Cardiovascular Health
- Supports bone strength and structure*
- Provides cardiovascular support*
- Strengthens immune function*
- Gluten free and Non-GMO
Ships in 1 business day
Buy Now, Pay Later
Vitamin D and K have both been extensively researched, providing evidence of their benefits to bone and cardiovascular health!
Vitamin D comes in two forms:
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, is the the natural, more effective and bioavailable form. The body manufactures Vitamin D from cholesterol, through a process triggered by the action of sunlight on skin, hence its nickname, "the sunshine vitamin."
However, not all sunlight is created equal: The sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays, the rays that signal the skin to produce Vitamin D, are stronger near the equator and weaker at higher latitudes. Thus, in the fall and winter, people who live at higher latitudes (in the northern U.S. and Europe, for example) can't make much, if any, Vitamin D from the sun.
Just like Vitamin D, Vitamin K also comes in two forms:
- Vitamin K1
- Vitamin K2
Vitamin K2 is further broken down into two types:
MK-7, also known as menaquinone-7, is the more bioavailable type, meaning it is better absorbed by your body. Vitamin K2 can be obtained through diet—predominantly animal-based and fermented foods. Some Vitamin K2 is also produced by bacteria in the colon.
However, inadequacies in this nutrient arise because nutrient-poor diets are so common. Those who eat low-fat diets are more likely to have a Vitamin K2 deficiency, as it is found in animal proteins (such as egg yolks, full-fat dairy products, and organ meats).
When we don't consume the dietary intake recommendations, these inadequacies can have implications over time causing long-term health issues.
Benefits of Vitamin D3 + K2
- Utilizes bioavailable forms of essential nutrients—Vitamin D3 and K2—to support your body in building and maintaining strong bones.*
- Working together, D3 and K2 assist the body in producing and utilizing calcium to improve bone and teeth health.*
- Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological function.*
- Both nutrients are crucial for a healthy, strong bone matrix.*
- D3 supports healthy immune function. Scientists have found that Vitamin D is crucial to activating our immune defenses. Without sufficient intake of the vitamin, T cells will not be able to react to and fight off serious infections in the body. The research team found that T cells first search for Vitamin D in order to activate and, if they cannot find enough of it, will not complete the activation process.
- K2 supports the proper metabolism of calcium preventing accumulations in the blood vessels. High levels of K2 in one's diet has been associated with healthy blood vessels and heart.*
Each bottle of Vitamin D3 + K2 contains 60 vegetarian capsules. As a dietary supplement, take 1 vegetarian capsule daily or as directed by your medical professional.
Consult your medical professional prior to use if you have, or suspect you have, any medical condition, are currently taking prescription drugs, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.