Stress can build up over time, leaving you feeling like you are about to explode in a huge, angry outburst. You may find your temper being tested day after day, with your fuse getting shorter and shorter as the stressors of daily life pile up on you. This is one reason why “rage rooms” are becoming popular.
Rage rooms, or anger rooms, is a new business that is springing up in many major cities where you can go (for about $70 to $100) and you can smash your stress away!
They may contain:
- TVs and other breakables that you can take your frustrations out on.
Typically, you will be given a bat, metal pipe, or crowbar to use as you smash your way through the room.
Criticism for Rage Rooms
Many people find that the satisfaction and physical exertion from smashing in these rooms reduces their stress levels and allows them to blow off some steam. The novelty of the experience seems to be at least part of the draw, but novelty will wear thin quickly. Critics of these rooms, however, feel these rage rooms reinforce the habit of acting out with violence in response to stress and anger.
Stressed to the Max? Here Are 5 Healthier Ways to Reduce Your Stress!
- Excellent Exercise: Both aerobic and strength training offer amazing stress reduction. The increase in blood circulation to your brain improves mood and helps to regulate your body’s hormones. This is very important when fighting stress, anxiety, or even depression.
- Mellow Meditation: Meditation and mindfulness programs have been shown to reduce many types of stress, helping you to remain calm and centered even during times of high stress.
- Social Interaction: Social interaction has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety, while increasing your ability to cope. Social behavior acts as a buffer for stress, allowing you to manage your stress better.
- Peaceful Yoga: Yoga not only improves flexibility and muscle tone, it also reduces stress and anxiety. The deep breathing and meditative qualities of yoga make it an ideal way to reduce stress.
- Purrfect Pets: Spending time with your pets is another great way to lower your blood pressure and reduce stress and anxiety.
Editor’s Note: Keep in mind that Natural Wellness’s Stress Relief provides stress relief for the entire day. It helps maintain a normal, healthy nervous system, support immune function compromised during times of stress, and provide energy to counteract your exhaustion caused by stress. Learn more.