Cancer fatigue refers to the extreme fatigue that often occurs when you are fighting any number of cancers. There are several reasons you may experience fatigue due to cancer. These include the direct effects of the cancer or tumor on your body, or because of the treatments given to fight the cancer, such as from chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery or medications. Psychological factors affecting those with cancer also increase fatigue, as anxiety and depression arise from coping with a chronic illness. Finally, co-conditions such as anemia, malnutrition, thyroid dysfunction and infection may cause fatigue in those with cancer.
5 Ways to Reduce Cancer Fatigue
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night
- Avoid caffeine
- Stay active
- Reduce stress
- One of the most effective ways to improve your symptoms of cancer fatigue is to make sure you are getting proper nutrition.
Nutrition’s Beneficial Role in Fighting Cancer Fatigue
UltraNourish is an excellent way to get the nutrition necessary to fend off cancer fatigue.
- Liver Support – Your liver is the organ responsible for filtering chemicals, medications and other toxic substances out of your body, and can it easily become overrun by the chemicals found in chemotherapy used to fight cancer. UltraNourish contains a unique blend of liver supporting herbs that improve liver function, increase bile production and help protect your liver cells from damage while increasing liver function.
- Digestive Support – A digestive enzyme blend will improve your digestion and boost nutrient absorption. UltraNourish also contains a probiotic blend that will improve your immunity and restore the flora in your digestive tract, which typically suffers during treatment with chemotherapy medications.
- Superfoods – UltraNourish contains a rich blend of superfoods including spirulina and green foods that are nutrient dense and give you long-lasting energy.
- Restores Energy – The 16 grams of pea protein in UltraNourish will give you sustained, long-lasting energy to help you get through your day.
- Antioxidants – UltraNourish contains several powerful antioxidants that can help scavenge free radicals, especially necessary after chemotherapy or radiotherapy to fight cancer. The combination of berries, greens and superfoods, along with milk thistle and other liver cleansing herbs, offer significant antioxidant support.
Fighting cancer is difficult under the best of circumstances, but fighting cancer when you are exhausted due to cancer fatigue can become even harder. Ensuring you get proper rest as well as getting proper nutrition may help alleviate many of the symptoms of fatigue and restore your energy levels.