Losing weight can be a challenge for the most disciplined among us, and there are many things that can derail your efforts. Several medical conditions and medications can even cause weight gain, and it can be frustrating trying to lose when factors beyond your control are setting you up for failure.
A Hidden Reason for Weight Gain
One hidden reason you may be gaining weight is an imbalance in the flora, or microorganisms, that live in your digestive tract. This flora can become imbalanced due to a poor diet or the use of medications such as antibiotics. Did you know that taking a probiotic, such as Super Probiotics, can help balance the good bacteria and flora in your digestive system?
Probiotics Can Aid Your Weight Loss Efforts
- Reduced Inflammation: Probiotics have been shown to modulate the inflammation in the digestive tract, improving proper digestion and reducing constipation. Low-grade inflammation has been found as an underlying cause of reduced metabolism and increased body weight.
- Energy Metabolism: Improved metabolism during digestion leads to an increase in energy. This often translates into increased physical activity.
- Homeostasis: Probiotic consumption has been linked to bodyweight homeostasis, which is the regulation of body weight. This may not aid in reducing weight, but does prevent weight gain during times when you may be too busy to exercise as you normally might or are taking medications that promote weight gain.
- Glucose Modulation: Probiotics have been shown to regulate and reduce blood glucose levels, which take the load off your liver and prevent that energy from being stored as body fat.
- Satiety: The release of GLP-1, a hormone that reduces appetite, can be linked to probiotic use. This hormone may also help burn calories and fat.
- Fat Reduction: Probiotics increase levels of a special protein (ANGPTL4) that decreases fat storage, thus reducing body fat.
In addition to losing weight, probiotics have also been shown to increase immune system function, giving you just one more reason to consider using probiotics for a healthy digestive system.