There are any number of things that can bring on the symptoms of fatigue and a headache, including disease and other health conditions, muscular-skeletal conditions, diet, environmental factors and more.
9 Universal Causes of Fatigue and Headaches
- Sinusitis: Sinusitis, sinus infections and colds can all cause pressure in the nasal passages and around the eyes, leading to a headache. Constant pressure and pain tends to leave you feeling fatigued by the end of the day as well.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is the body’s inability to manage and properly metabolize sugars (carbohydrates), which often results in fatigue, headache and a myriad of other symptoms. It is important to work closely with a physician to manage diabetes.
- Stress and Tension: Stress, anxiety and depression can all lead to muscle tension throughout the body, especially in the upper back, neck and shoulders. This may lead to headaches and eventually wear you out, leaving you feeling fatigued.
- Anemia: Resulting from a lack of red blood cells, anemia can result in fatigue, pale skin, weakness, dizziness, and headaches. It is often relieved by adding iron and B vitamins to the diet.
- Dehydration: Dehydration is an often overlooked cause of fatigue and headaches, and it is one of the most easily corrected!
- B12 Deficiency: Deficient levels of B12 can result in fatigue, weakness, tiredness, and other symptoms.
- Heart Conditions: High blood pressure, congestive heart conditions and other cardiovascular conditions may result in fatigue and headaches. It is important to work closely with a physician to manage cardiovascular conditions.
- Liver Conditions: The liver is responsible for the breakdown of food for energy, and when it is damaged or not functioning properly, you may experience symptoms of fatigue. Working with your physician and ensuring proper nutrition are critical in managing symptoms of liver disease. UltraNourish, a superfood protein shake packed with healthy ingredients, also contains 1,950 mg of a special liver support supplement blend. Better yet – it’s now available in Chocolate!
- Constipation: Constipation can result in both fatigue and a headache, as you become more uncomfortable over time. Dehydration and exercise may go a long way toward relieving this condition.
Some of these conditions require regular visits to a qualified physician, such as diabetes and heart conditions, but others are easily managed or rectified by drinking enough fluids and getting regular exercise. Many times, our diet does not give us all that we need, so supplements such as UltraNourish can often aid us in closing the gaps in our nutrition.