Outback has a menu of choices that are under 600 calories. But, if you look deep enough into their menu with nutritional information, you can find dishes that are much lower in calories – like the ones listed below. [Keep in mind that the information for these healthier choices do not include the side dishes. There are tons of side dishes to choose from and, if you review their menu with the nutritional information (the link is at the bottom of the page), you can calculate what the nutrition would be with each specific side.]
- Call this meal Victory’s Filet – because you win with the healthy nutritional makeup! Victoria’s Filet (6oz): Your signature 6oz filet comes cooked to your liking, alongside soup or a salad and one side. This meal only contains 218 calories, 0 carbs, 9g of fat, 36g of protein and 206mg of sodium.
- Outback Special (6oz): This entree is very simple; it comes with a 6oz sirloin paired with fresh, seasonal mixed vegetables and a house salad. And, yes, they do have healthy dressings to choose from! This dish only adds up to 254 calories, 0 carbs, 13g of fat, 37g of protein and 226mg of sodium.
- Go wild for this healthy dish! Sirloin with Wild Mushroom Sauce: Topped with marsala and wild mushroom sauce, this 6oz sirloin comes with fries (but we bet you can ask for a different side). Although the price for this entrée is steeper, it’s worth it, weighing in at 296 calories, 2g of carbs, 16g of fat, 37g of protein and 370mg of sodium.
You should count these dishes “out” when dining at Outback Steakhouse.
- Double the Trouble! Double Burger: Served on a brioche bun, it comes with wood-grilled beef patties topped with American cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and red onion. This monstrous burger adds up to 1,040 calories, 43g of carbs, 73g of fat, 51g of protein and 1,441mg of sodium.
- No rules? No way! No Rules Parmesan Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Scallops: Fettucini noodles come mixed with a creamy Parmesan sauce, and you have the option of adding one or two of the following meats: chicken, scallops or shrimp. The chicken and scallops are the worst choices. This dish contains 1,305 calories, 80g of carbs, 69g of fat, 71g of protein and a whopping 2,029mg of sodium.
- Curb the herb! Herb Roasted Prime Rib (16oz): This seasoned and slow roasted prime rib is hand carved to order and is served with traditional au jus. Probably one of the unhealthiest dishes on the menu, it is packed with 1,403 calories, 1g of carbs, 115g of fat, 92g of protein and 1,514mg of sodium.
What’s YOUR favorite dish from Outback Steakhouse? Comment below!