Red Lobster offers a lot of healthy dishes that are low in calories and high in protein. A designated section of their menu called Lighthouse Selections, allows you to create your own combination by picking an entrée (all less than 350 calories and most come with a vegetable medley side) and side dishes. Most of the combinations you can make end up being better for you than ‘pre-made’ menu choices.
- Wood-Grilled Fresh Tilapia (half portion): Part of the Lighthouse Selections, this tilapia dish comes with steamed veggies and has 190 calories, 5g of fat, 39g of protein, 400mg of sodium and 50g of carbohydrates.
- Bar Harbor Salad with Shrimp: A bed of greens, veggies and croutons make up this salad, and it’s only 200 calories. You can add chicken, shrimp or salmon. The best choice for this salad – besides eating it plain – is adding shrimp. With the addition of shrimp, the Bar Harbor Salad clocks in at 260 calories, 9g of fat, 21g of protein, 350mg of sodium and 36g of carbs.
- Snow Crab Legs: One pound of steamed snow crab legs come with corn on the cob and potatoes. This filling dish is still healthy (though watch out for the sodium here), containing only 470 calories, 13g of fat, 47g of protein, 2,630mg of sodium and 45g of carbs.
Although the protein content is high, these dishes aren’t worth it considering all of the calories, fat, sodium and carbs.
- Crab Linguini Alfredo (full portion): Crabmeat on a bed of linguini in a parmesan cream sauce adds up to 1,580 calories, 89g of fat, 82g of protein, 3,780mg of sodium and 127g of carbs.
- Bar Harbor Lobster Bake: Roasted lobster tail, shrimp, sea scallops, and mussels with linguini in a garlic and white wine sauce. It contains 1,360 calories, 68g of fat, 70g of protein, 3,470mg of sodium and 110g of carbs.
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Alfredo: Crusted, grilled chicken over pasta in a creamy Alfredo sauce comes in at 1,170 calories, 67g of fat, 67g of protein, 2,920mg of sodium and 76g of carbs.
Click here to view Red Lobster’s entire menu and scout out the nutritional value of each dish.
What’s YOUR favorite dish to order at Red Lobster? Comment below!