Subway restaurants cater to almost everyone. There are so many ingredients that you can mix and match to make your perfect sandwich. And, of course, they do have special sandwiches to choose from. They also have salads, soups, breakfast options, and a new pizza type dish; but today, we’re going to focus on the sandwiches. It’s hard to pick exactly which meats, breads and toppings are best for you.
The best (and healthiest) part of Subway’s menu is that there are sandwiches with less than 6 grams of fat. If you’re concocting your own sandwich, the nutrition all depends on what you put on it.
Breads (6″ sub)
- 9-Grain Wheat Bread: 210 calories, 2g of fat, 270mg sodium, 40g carbs and 8g protein.
- Italian White Bread: 200 calories, 2g of fat, 270mg sodium, 38g carbs and 7g protein.
- Turkey Breast: 50 calories, 1g of fat, 500mg sodium, 2g carbs and 9g protein.
- Chicken Strips: 80 calories, 1.5g of fat, 210mg sodium, 0g carbs and 16g protein.
- Roasted Beef: 90 calories, 2.5g of fat, 390mg sodium, 1g carbs and 16g protein.
- Swiss: 50 calories, 4.5g of fat, 30mg sodium, 0g carbs and 4g protein.
- Monterey Cheddar (shredded): 50 calories, 4.5g of fat, 90mg sodium and 3g protein.
- Provolone: 50 calories, 4g of fat, 125mg sodium, 0g carbs and 4g protein.
You really can’t go wrong with veggies. The banana peppers, cucumbers, green peppers, jalapeÃ±o Peppers, lettuce, olives, onions, pickles and spinach contain no calories, only low amounts of sodium. Avocados are great for you, although they do contain: 60 calories, 5g of fat, 5mg sodium, 3g carbs and no protein. The only other vegetable with 5 calories and 2g carbs are tomatoes.
- Vinegar: Vinegar has nothing in it! No calories, fat, sodium, etc.
- Sweet Onion Sauce (fat free): 40 calories, 0g fat, 85mg sodium, 9g carbs, and 0g protein.
Here are the unhealthiest ingredients you can choose from to make your sandwich.
Breads (6″ sub)
- Honey Oat Bread: 260 calories, 3g of fat, 290mg sodium, 48g carbs and 9g protein.
- Monterey Cheddar Bread: 240 calories, 6g of fat, 340mg sodium, 38g carbs and 10g protein.
- Roasted Garlic Bread: 230 calories, 2.5g of fat, 1,240mg sodium, 45 carbs and 8g protein.
- Spicy Italian Meats: 250 calories, 22g of fat, 430mg sodium, 7g carbs and 5g protein.
- Meatballs: 260 calories, 16g of fat, 640mg sodium, 16g carbs and 13g protein.
- Italian B.M.T.: 180 calories, 14g of fat, 990mg sodium, 2g carbs and 11g protein.
- American Processed Cheese: 40 calories, 3.5g of fat, 200mg sodium, 1g carb and 2g protein.
- Natural Cheddar Cheese: 60 calories, 5g of fat, 100mg sodium, 0g carbs and 4g protein.
- Pepperjack: 50 calories, 4g of fat, 140mg sodium, 0g carbs and 3g protein.
- Zesty Cucumber Sauce: 140 calories, 16g of fat, 105mg sodium, 1g carb and 0g protein.
- Mayonnaise: 110 calories, 12g of fat, 80mg sodium, 0g carb and 0g protein.
- Ranch Dressing: 110 calories, 11g fat, 200mg sodium, 1g carb and 0g protein.
Click here to view Subway’s menu and nutritional information.
Click here to learn the exact nutritional information for your own personalized sub.
What’s YOUR favorite dish from Subway? Comment below!