Every January, the gym fills up with people who have good intentions for getting fit in the New Year. But come February, most of those people have already fallen back into their old bad habits and given up on their fitness goals. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! You’re doing better than most!
To keep seeing the best results from your exercise regimen, proper nutrition is essential. A balance of protein and other nutrients from high-quality foods is one of the most important ways to both fuel your workout and maintain sustained energy throughout the day. Nutrition, too, is a commitment that many people find hard to keep every day. The key is making high-quality nutrition simple.
The Power of Protein
When you think about nutrition, protein naturally comes to mind — it’s one of the most important nutrients and, chances are, you’ve heard a lot about it. Do you know everything that protein does?
- Protein helps repair exercise-related damage to muscle fibers, which is why endurance athletes have a higher protein requirement than most of us.1 When you exercise, you need more protein than the average couch potato!
- Protein assists in the synthesis of new proteins and fosters beneficial changes in muscle fibers during your workouts.2
- Protein is also a building block for your muscles, hair, nails, skin, cartilage, blood and bones. And protein supports essential functions such as synthesizing enzymes and hormones, maintaining fluid balance, preventing infection, blood clotting and scar formation.
Getting adequate protein is important for your entire body … but it’s not the only nutrient you need.
Finding the Right Balance
As with so much in life, it’s important to find the right balance in your diet. The best way to do this is by getting a range of essential nutrients from high-quality foods, especially green vegetables. The right amount of protein combined with nutrients from these superfoods helps provide support for your body and energy throughout the day.
The only problem is that most of us really don’t have the time (or inclination) to do the math and make sure we’re consuming the right balance of essential nutrients. That’s where a properly balanced nutrition shake can help.
Unlike basic protein powders, a fully balanced nutrition shake provides nutrients from a broad spectrum of superfoods that work together synergistically. Having this precise combination pre-formulated truly simplifies your nutritional routine without counting grams, measuring international units (IUs), or consulting a chart to find the right combination of foods.
A well-balanced nutrition shake like UltraNourish can also deliver benefits that include:
- Boosting your energy by helping you maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Reducing your cravings and hunger so it’s easier to maintain a healthy weight
- Supporting healthy digestion and a stronger immune system with probiotics and digestive enzymes
Make nutrition simple, and it’s much easier to make it part of your daily diet. A high-quality nutrition shake that incorporates the right blend of nutrients from superfood sources takes the guesswork out of getting the right balance of nutrients every day.
Want to learn more? Sign up for our newsletter and receive healthy recipes, lifestyle suggestions for reduced stress and a healthy heart, and tips on exercising, maintaining a healthy weight, beating fatigue, decreasing joint pain — and more.