A plant-based protein like pea protein has low or no fat and does not contain allergens like soy, eggs or dairy may. This allows you to maintain a low-fat diet while still getting high levels of protein for energy and muscle development.
Pea protein is an amazing source of protein, and it is also a great source of:
- vitamins K, B2 and B6
- along with phytochemicals, including flavonoids
6 Superb Reasons You Should Try Pea Protein
- BCAAs: High levels of branched chain amino acids (BCAA) are vital for the creation of protein, growth of muscle and energy in your body.
- Excellent Energy: While carbohydrates give you quick energy and may be useful right before a workout, protein takes longer for your body to digest, giving you sustained energy that will last all day.
- Weight Loss: Because pea protein contains just .3 grams of fat for a standard serving of 30 grams, it may aid in losing weight. Pea protein is much lower in fat than meat, fish or dairy, allowing you to keep your diet much lower in fat – and calories – overall.
- Vegan: Because pea protein is plant-based, it is both vegan and hypoallergenic. Many people avoid traditional grocery store meats because of hormones and antibiotics used in caring for the animals, choosing instead to only purchase free range, holistically raised animal products. This can be costly and there is still the potential for chemicals that may not be apparent, while pea protein is made from peas with no hormone or antibiotics used.
- Muscle Recovery: Muscle recovery post-workout requires protein, as your body uses it to repair and improve muscle fibers damaged during physical Pea protein is an outstanding source of lean protein for the recovery period.
- Focus and Concentration: Again, because protein takes longer to digest, it provides you with sustained energy. This applies to mental focus and concentration as well as physical energy.