Like green tea, matcha tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant – but it is grown differently, thus creating a more concentrated end result. Matcha tea contains up to 137 times higher antioxidant levels than traditional green tea!
Matcha tea plants are covered the last three to four weeks, preventing exposure to sunlight. This increases its chlorophyll production as well as the levels of amino acids and antioxidants called polyphenols in the plant, all while giving it a darker green color.
The Mighty Healing Benefits of Matcha Tea
- Protection from Environmental Pollutants: Increased antioxidant properties in matcha tea make it excellent in combating free radicals from environmental pollutants and other chemicals we are exposed to.
- Anti-Cancer Protection: Matcha tea has been shown to have anticarcinogenic effects, including protection against breast cancer. This is believed to be due to the antioxidant effects of matcha tea.
- Bone Protection: Matcha tea has been associated with an increase in bone mineral density, a key factor in protecting against hip fractures.
- Liver Protection: Matcha tea consumption has been shown to lower liver enzyme levels and reduce inflammation in your liver. Liver Detox Tea is a delicious, gentle way to remove toxins and cleans your body.
- Kidney Protection: Along with your liver, your kidneys are responsible for filtering toxins from your body. Matcha tea has been shown to reduce inflammation and damage in your kidneys along with your liver due to its antioxidant properties.
- Glucose Control: Matcha tea has been associated with lowered glucose levels in diabetic mice and has been used traditionally to help manage glucose levels in those with diabetes.
- Weight Loss: Matcha tea has been shown to temporarily boost metabolism, which may contribute to weight loss. Natural Wellness’ Energy Booster, a natural herb and nutrient supplement, can also boost your metabolism to help you burn more calories, even while sitting at your desk! Learn more.