The dishes here are from P.F. Chang’s China Bistro dinner menu; the lunch menu serves smaller portions. The Asian-style establishment also has an entire gluten-free and vegetarian (there are vegan dishes, too) menu with lots of options and a very nice happy hour menu.
Please note that this nutritional information doesn’t include the side dishes. Most of the dishes already come with steamed white or brown rice, but there are other sides to choose from. The healthiest are the Shanghai Cucumbers (small), which has 70 calories, 3g of fat, and 4g protein. Cucumbers have great health benefits: keeping you hydrated, helping with healthy skin and hair, and promoting joint health. Another great thing is that all of their side dishes are less than 310 calories.
Healthy Dining Options at P.F. Chang’s China Bistro:
- Ginger Chicken with Broccoli: This chicken breast is stir-fried with ginger and green onions, and surrounded by fresh broccoli. It has 470 calories, 11g of fat, and 59g of protein. *Ginger is one of the world’s healthiest foods. It is known for reducing nausea, helping to reduce throat and nose congestion, aiding in joint pain relief, as well as alleviating symptoms of gastrointestinal distress.
- Moo Goo Gai Pan: In a “velvety” sauce comes braised prawns and sliced chicken breast with Asian mushrooms, carrots, and baby bok choy. It contains 310 calories, 9g of fat, and 39g of protein.
- Buddha’s Feast Steamed: This steamed dish is loaded with baked tofu, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli and carrots, and tossed in soy sauce. It has 260 calories, 4 g of fat, and 26g of protein. This also has the lowest sodium content out of all the dishes on the menu at 300mg. *Asparagus is packed with antioxidants and is a rich source of glutathione.
Although many of the dishes on the menu are pretty low in calories and high in protein, you have to watch out for carbs and sodium content. Almost every dish on the menu (except for side dishes), have a sodium content of more than 1,000mg.
Refrain from Eating These Meals:
- Shrimp with Candied Walnuts: Candied walnuts and honeydew melon come in a creamy sauce with tender fresh shrimp. It has 1,380 calories, 104g of fat, and 39g of protein.
- Chicken Pad Thai: With bold Thai spices comes wok-tossed rice noodles, egg, tofu, bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, crispy shallots and cilantro. It contains 1,160 calories, 30g of fat, and 45g of protein.
- P.F. Chang’s Pork Stir-Fried Rice: This stir-fried rice dish features julienne carrots, scallions and bean sprouts tossed in soy sauce. It has 1,370 calories, 41g of fat, and 51g of protein.
What’s YOUR favorite dish at P.F. Chang’s China Bistro? Comment below!