The Fit & Trim, Petite Lunch Plate and Smart Eating choices are all less than 700 calories when served with fresh grilled vegetables, like zucchini and spaghetti squash. Their appetizers, or Shareables, are also surprisingly low in calories and fat, and include four servings. More good news – Ruby Tuesday has also started cooking with trans-fat- free canola oil instead of soybean oil.
Here are a few healthy (and recommended) entrée options:
- Spaghetti Squash Marinara: This dish features roasted spaghetti squash and zucchini tossed in a red pepper marinara sauce. With only 260 calories, 11g of fat, and 32g of carbs, it’s a great choice for healthy eating. Spaghetti squash contains many vitamins and minerals that are vital for a healthy body. Zucchini provides dietary fiber, a healthy heaping of antioxidants, and helps promote liver health.
- The Plain Grilled Petite Sirloin: Served with fresh roasted spaghetti squash and grilled zucchini, this meal is a delicious and healthy choice that has only 192 calories, 9g of fat, and 4g of carbohydrates. It also comes served with a great source of protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins!
- Grilled Salmon: The grilled salmon is lightly seasoned and served with the same sides as the sirloin. It has only 330 calories, 18g of fat and 0 carbs. Salmon provides key nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are beneficial for healthy brain function, lowering cholesterol, as well as muscle and tissue health. Omega-3 fatty acids also help support healthy skin, hair and eyes.
Remember, there are A LOT of other options that are very healthy!
Although there are many healthy menu items at Ruby Tuesday, there are, of course, some there are not so good. These entrée options should be avoided at all costs!
- Bacon Cheese Pretzel Burger: 1,733 calories, 101g of fat, and 140g of carbs. It might be a good idea to steer clear of all Pretzel Burgers at Ruby Tuesday.
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta: What could be so bad about chicken and broccoli? Well, the combination of penne pasta and the thick Parmesan cream sauce makes it an entrée to avoid. The dish contains 1,500 calories, 95g of fat, and 93g of carbohydrates.
- Double Ruby Minis: These mini burgers are a favorite at Ruby Tuesday and come loaded with American cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup and pickles. The side of French fries adds little nutritional value. Topping out with 1,252 calories, 75g of fat, and 89g of carbs – these MINI burgers equal a BIG health concern.
Click here to view Ruby Tuesday’s menu, featuring Lunch and Dinner menus, and more.
Click here for Ruby Tuesday’s nutritional information of each item on the menu. They also provide a “Smart Eating Guide” on every table and will give you a “Smart Eating Dining Out Survival Guide” that will help you stay healthy when eating at any restaurant.
Also, you can click here to view Ruby Tuesday’s Allergen/Sensitivity Menu Guide.
What’s YOUR favorite dish to order at Ruby Tuesday? Comment below!