Turmeric is the yellow spice that gives curry its warm, spicy flavor and deep, yellow color. One great way to add turmeric to your diet is to drink it with hot water as a tea. Turmeric with hot water and lemon makes a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory tonic in the mornings.
Experiment with adding in a pinch of black pepper or cinnamon to bring in a bit more warmth to the flavor. You can also blend turmeric with coconut milk to create golden milk, which offers a richer, creamier flavor than turmeric water or tea.
6 Powerful Reasons to Drink Turmeric
- Arthritis – Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent aid in reducing the inflammation (and pain) in joints and connective tissues caused by arthritis.
- Diabetes – Type-2 diabetes causes a great deal of inflammatory and oxidative stress throughout your body. Turmeric helps fight that inflammation and even aids in balancing insulin.
- Liver Health – When your liver is compromised, whether from a virus such as hepatitis or from being overloaded with fat (fatty liver), it becomes inflamed and can develop lesions. This condition is called cirrhosis of the liver and is a very serious condition. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that is especially effective in reducing the inflammation in liver cells and improving liver function.
- Digestion – Turmeric has been shown to improve digestion and reduce inflammation in your digestive tract, eliminating many digestive problems like heartburn, stomachache, diarrhea and gas. Curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, also stops the growth of Helicobacter pylori, or H-pylori, which is linked to gastrointestinal diseases such as gastritis, peptic ulcer and gastric cancers.
- Cancer – Cancer cells grow rapidly in an environment of inflammation, which is mitigated by turmeric’s powerful anti-inflammatory actions. In addition, curcumin can aid in regulating the cellular life cycle and proliferation, making it a powerful anti-cancer agent.
- Autoimmune Diseases – Many autoimmune diseases such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and more all have a significant inflammatory component. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory that can reduce symptoms in most of these conditions.
While drinking turmeric as a tea or in golden milk is an option, it has a distinct flavor that you may not love, so it might stop you from wanting to enjoy it every day. One way to ensure you are getting this powerful anti-inflammatory daily is with Turmeric 95, which is formulated to 95% curcuminoids, the highest level available of the beneficial ingredients in turmeric. Turmeric 95 offers 20x the absorption, which makes it the most potent and effective turmeric on the market today!