Avoid These Foods
Anyone suffering from inflammatory health conditions should avoid foods that cause inflammation such as fried foods, refined carbohydrates (white bread, cakes and cookies), soda, and processed meats.
7 Delicious Anti-Inflammatory Foods
To reduce symptoms, try adding anti-inflammatory foods to your diet.
- Celery – Both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, celery has been shown to reduce the acidity in the body, thereby reducing inflammation.
- Berries – Berries, especially blueberries, contain flavonoids which offer significant anti-inflammatory properties. Blueberries in particular contain anthocyanins, which are very powerful anti-inflammatory compounds. Anthocyanins are also found in forbidden rice, also known as black rice and purple rice. As powerful, disease-fighting antioxidants, anthocyanins give foods like black rice and blueberries their dark, purplish color.
- Greens – Dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and collards contain anti-inflammatory flavonoids as well as vitamins A, C and K which also reduce inflammation.
- Pineapple – Especially good for reducing inflammation from digestive disorders, pineapple contains the digestive enzyme bromelain, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It also contains vitamins C, B1 and potassium and magnesium, which also fight inflammation.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains curcumin, which has been found to be a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that reduces inflammation pathways and shuts down inflammatory enzymes. Turmeric is especially useful in preventing and reducing inflammation in your liver. Learn more about turmeric and how it impacts your liver health. If you don’t like the taste of turmeric, you can always take a supplement. Turmeric 95 contains the highest percentage of curcumin available today.
- Tomatoes – The antioxidant lycopene protects the brain from inflammation, making tomatoes a powerful addition to an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Olive Oil – Containing monounsaturated fats, extra virgin olive oil contains omega-3s and oleocanthal, which has been shown to reduce inflammation in joints and cartilage.
Editor’s Note: It can be difficult to consume the proper nutrition in our busy lives, so the addition of a powerful blend of vitamins, minerals and nutrients from UltraNourish ensures you get 16 grams of protein, turmeric and greens along with other essential ingredients for optimum nutrition with an anti-inflammatory punch!